Sunday, December 31, 2006

Fun at Sacsayhuaman

One of the interesting features at Sacsayhuaman is a series of large rocks that were originally formed in layers, then pushed on their sides by earthquakes and such. They've been worn smooth over the millenia, and the resulting grooves are PERFECT for little Peruvian butts to slide down. We saw lots of local families picnicking on the grass nearby, on account of it being a beautiful day and Sacsayhuaman being a cheap 'n' cheerful option for a day out. After watching the kids slide down this thing again and again, I just had to have a go. I got going really fast!




Other kids...



...And this kid. My favorite part about this picture is all the little kids laughing at the crazy gringa.


Also, there were llamas. I llove them.



3 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

Oh my gosh. I want a llama so bad now. Thanks a lot.

6:14 PM  
Blogger erica said...

Oh yeah, and I love how the llamas are decorated.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that llama decorated?

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home