Monday, January 22, 2007

Welcome to Cuzcotopia 2006! Here's how it works.

This here blog chronicles our fabulous trip to Peru, from December 28 through January 8th or so. We saw a lot of Incan ruins, got ruined by some local Peruvian food, and got engaged on the sacred mountain of Machu Picchu. It's going to be hard to top this one, but it's a big world out there. I'm sure we'll manage.

The posts here are a mixture of live reports made from the field and photographic evidence that wasn't uploaded until we got back home. I reckon the best way to get the full Cuzcotopia experience is to start at the bottom and read each post on the way up. Even if you did this a week ago, I just finished slotting everything into its correct place, so you may have missed a few photos.

One note on "Cuzco" versus "Cusco": They're both correct spellings. "Q'osq'o" is the original spelling in Quechua, the indigenous tongue, and "Cuzco" is the Spanish translation. I think "Cusco" is an attempt to Quechua-ify the Spanish. I stick with "Cusco" throughout for continuity. I may be the only person out there who finds this paragraph interesting, but I don't care because it's my blog. Thank you for your interest.

Please enjoy Cuzcotopia 2006.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, these pictures, and the explanations too. I enjoyed looking through all of it. Your photography is excellent and your commentary delightful!

Thanks,

Tim

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home